We’ve been making adaptive bikes for almost three decades. That’s a lot of bikes – a lot of bikes for a lot of people. And when you make a lot of bikes for a lot of people, you learn a lot.
The ASR 16 is our newest adaptive bicycle. It’s part of our renowned Odyssey series and comes as a result of 28 years of customer feedback mixed with inspiration from our ASR 2011.
At just 68 pounds, the ASR 16 is light enough to take with you on your travels, and with a frame height of only 14 inches, it sits at the perfect transfer height. Featuring our highly adjustable slide seating system and our easily controllable knuckle joint steering, it’s the ideal ride for both beginners and experts. Whether you’re looking to cruise down the sidewalk or race down the street, the ASR 16 has you covered.
ASR 16 Features
- Slide seating system with over 7″ of forward/backward movement – accommodates a wide range of inseams
- Adjustable tilt seating system – 0º-10º – adding additional truck support
- High ratio side-to-side steering
- Direct drive gearing with average pedal power to encourage reciprocal patterning of the legs
- 15″ Never-Go-Flat tires with aluminum rims
- Front Vee brakes and rear disc brakes with customizable brake lever placement
- Parking/transfer brake on the right side
- Independently adjustable handlebars with telescopic posts
- Self-centering spring to promote better hand-eye coordination
- Options to add additional harnesses or head supports
- Option to add Rear Steering so the rider can learn to ride and stop with a little help
- Mountain footplates – option to add multiple types of footplates to help with heel flexion or plantar flexion
- Standard bike essentials such as: safety flag, wheel reflectors, animal squeaky horn, multi-tool and bell