ASR 2011 (Odyssey)
Begin your Odyssey
The ASR 2011 is a semi-recumbent bike featuring a low-to-the ground seat, extended frame and pull-away handlebar system, making it easy to transfer on and off in a natural sitting position, even for those with limited range of motion.With the ability to add a Nexus 8-speed shifter, riders will be able to keep up with the rest of the pack while still enjoying the device’s therapeutic benefits.The stable stretched three-wheeled design enables riders with limited range of motion to have their legs further forward, providing increased pedal power and strength.
He loved it! And as soon as he was riding, he was making loops around the cul-de-sac, his siblings, neighbor kids and even his puppy were riding with him and running alongside to be with him and just take joy in a classic summertime event…….”kids riding their bikes around the neighborhood”. These custom adaptive bikes have such a value; therapeutically, developmentally and most importantly………socially. I thank our donors for allowing Andrew the chance to be a kid.
Executive Director, Variety of Northern California
Hunter has been on his bike every day we’ve had it. As you know, Hunter doesn’t talk. When I take him outside, he goes straight to the garage door and waits for me to open it so I can get it out for him. He truly does enjoy his bike, and if it wasn’t for the bikes you make, Hunter may not have gotten to experience that joy.
- Slide seating system with over 7″ of forward/backward movement – accommodates a wide range of inseams
- Adjustable tilt seating system – 0º-10º – adding additional truck support
- High ratio side-to-side steering
- Direct drive gearing with average pedal power to encourage reciprocal patterning of the legs
- 20″ Never-Go-Flat tires with aluminum rims
- Front Vee brakes and rear disc brakes with customizable brake lever placement
- Parking/transfer brake on the right side
- Independently adjustable handlebars with telescopic posts
- Self-centering spring to promote better hand-eye coordination
- Options to add additional harnesses or head supports
- Option to add Rear Steering so the rider can learn to ride and stop with a little help
- Mountain footplates – option to add multiple types of footplates to help with heel flexion or plantar flexion
- Standard bike essentials such as: safety flag, wheel reflectors, animal squeaky horn, multi-tool and bell
Above all, our adaptive bikes provide a quality of life and lifestyle to those with limited mobility options. Every product is designed to provide normalcy and a sense of freedom. Each bike is built to the person and their special needs, taking leg length, trunk support, and type of disability into consideration. Listed below are several of the benefits that Freedom Concepts adaptive bikes can provide:
- Improved range of motion
- Proper hip-to-foot positioning
- Development of balance and self-support
- Improved motor planning
- Increased blood circulation
- Fitting process ensures natural hip positioning
- Strengthening of anti-gravity muscles
- Stabilized bike with parking brake for transferring
- Quick Release locks help swing bike components out of the way for transferring
- Improvements in overall mobility
Accessories & Customizations
*Custom colors are available for an additional fee.
How To Buy