Start Your Journey into Freedom
The Journey Prone Recumbent is certainly unconventional. But that’s what makes it work so well for people with Cerebral Palsy, particularly those with high extensor tone and/or poor head and trunk control. For a person who cannot maintain an upright position, the Journey is the ticket to freedom.
According to therapists, it’s the ultimate therapy tool. The trunk is well supported and this prone positioning decreases the muscle tone making it easier to actively move the legs reciprocally.
- Fully adjustable seat and chest support
- Built-in abduction leg pads
- Spoked wheels and tubeless tires
- Side assistance handle for caregivers
- Locking hand brake
Above all, our adaptive bikes provide a quality of life and lifestyle to those with limited mobility options. Every product is designed to provide normalcy and a sense of freedom. Each bike is built to the person and their special needs, taking leg length, trunk support, and type of disability into consideration. Listed below are several of the benefits that Freedom Concepts adaptive bikes can provide:
- Improved range of motion
- Proper hip-to-foot positioning
- Development of balance and self-support
- Improved motor planning
- Increased blood circulation
- Fitting process ensures natural hip positioning
- Strengthening of anti-gravity muscles
- Stabilized bike with parking brake for transferring
- Quick Release locks help swing bike components out of the way for transferring
- Improvements in overall mobility
*Custom colors are available for an additional fee.
How To Buy