Pivot Towards a More Active Lifestyle
The Discovery Pivot is being released into the market after years of feedback, testing and requests from parents, riders, consumers, therapists and other medical professionals. Available in the 16” style, the Discovery Pivot is by far our most adjustable design. Our new versatile seating system allows for riders to maintain proper hip-to-foot alignment as they grow. Meanwhile, our completely redesigned frame allows riders to safely and comfortably transfer on-and-off the bike. For transportation and storage, we’ve introduced our new pivoting frame, removable rear wheels and detachable seat. The Pivot is fully-customizable to suit any need, preference or style. Read more below for the Pivot’s complete feature listing.
PIVOTING Front Fork!
DCP Pivot Features
- Pivoting/folding frame
- Cable-actuated Rear Steering™
- Lowest transfer height on any Freedom Concepts tricycle
- Fully adjustable tilt and slide seating system
- Multi-adjustable Rear Steering™ height, handle and brake position
- Adjustable wheelbase with multiple width settings
- Independently adjustable handlebars with telescopic posts
- Ability to lock or unlock the rider’s handlebars
- Supportive high-back seating system with multiple options to add additional harnesses or head supports
- Option to add multiple types of footplates to help with heel flexion or plantar flexion
- Flick-switch parking brake
- Standard bike essentials such as: safety flag, wheel reflectors, animal squeaky horn, multi-tool and bell
Above all, our adaptive bikes provide a quality of life and lifestyle to those with limited mobility options. Every product is designed to provide normalcy and a sense of freedom. Each bike is built to the person and their special needs, taking leg length, trunk support, and type of disability into consideration. Listed below are several of the benefits that Freedom Concepts adaptive bikes can provide:
- Improved range of motion
- Proper hip-to-foot positioning
- Development of balance and self-support
- Improved motor planning
- Increased blood circulation
- Fitting process ensures natural hip positioning
- Strengthening of anti-gravity muscles
- Stabilized bike with parking brake for transferring
- Quick Release locks help swing bike components out of the way for transferring
- Improvements in overall mobility
Completely Customizable Like All Freedom Concepts Adaptive Bikes!
*Custom colors are available for an additional fee.
How To Buy