Therapy can be made fun when you add Adventure!
Designed for riders aged 14 and up, the AS 2000 is one of our larger models. The bike’s 35″ extra-wide rear stance provides excellent stability, however for those concerned with limited space, a narrow 31″ version is also available. This model is equipped with a direct drive gearing system so you can pedal backwards to build momentum to go forward, or with optional seven speeds to give the selection of easy or challenging pedaling. Teenagers and young adults will love going out to ride with their friends and family on this traditional looking bike, and will enjoy being able to celebrate their freedom every day.
After spending last summer living in the hospital and not being to be home and go out to play, this has made our little boy so happy. Not only has this made Bryan so happy, but all his doctors are very excited. This is a great way for him to get exercise and also help strengthen his legs which for a child who has cerebral palsy is a very difficult task.
AS 2000 Features
- Quick release mechanisms on all adjustable parts
- Adjustable crank and sprocket system to accommodate spastic legs or different leg lengths
- Direct drive gearing with easy pedal power to encourage reciprocal patterning of the legs
- 20″ Never-Go-Flat tires with aluminum rims
- Two rear brakes with controls that can be mounted on the handlebars or Rear Steer™
- Parking/transfer brake to stabilize the bike for transfers on-and-off
- Independently adjustable handlebars with telescopic posts
- Self-centering spring to promote better hand-eye coordination
- Incredibly supportive seating system with multiple options to add additional harnesses or head supports
- T-Bar which can be used as a brake mount or caregiver handle – option to add Rear Steering so the rider can learn to ride and stop with a little help
- Mountain footplates – option to add multiple types of footplates to help with heel flexion or plantar flexion
- Standard bike essentials such as: safety flag, wheel reflectors, multi-tool and bell
Above all, our adaptive bikes provide a quality of life and lifestyle to those with limited mobility options. Every product is designed to provide normalcy and a sense of freedom. Each bike is built to the person and their special needs, taking leg length, trunk support, and type of disability into consideration. Listed below are several of the benefits that Freedom Concepts adaptive bikes can provide:
- Improved range of motion
- Proper hip-to-foot positioning
- Development of balance and self-support
- Improved motor planning
- Increased blood circulation
- Fitting process ensures natural hip positioning
- Strengthening of anti-gravity muscles
- Stabilized bike with parking brake for transferring
- Quick Release locks help swing bike components out of the way for transferring
- Improvements in overall mobility
Accessories & Customizations
*Custom colors are available for an additional fee.
How To Buy